Salary: $100,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
1876 Energy is looking for a Sales Manager /Area Manager
1876 Energy is a leading player in solar. We were started by a group of experienced solar professionals that came together with the idea of creating a win/win for everybody involved. We are a sales based organization (we are all salespeople ) with the purpose of winning the market through performance excellence and value creation for our customers. We take culture seriously and are looking for those wanting to contribute to building an opportunity and a company that has a winning attitude and opportunity for everybody involved. I want business builders that have the capacity to make relationships and create a tier-one customer experience. What you will find different about 1876 Energy is that our team of solar experts will use a consultative approach with the customer’s needs in mind. We have a lead generation department and a sophisticated marketing program to support our sales team.
Sales Manager is a sales leadership position. The Sales Manager will be responsible for organizing, motivating and leading a team of solar sales consultants. The Sales Manager is accountable for the combined performance of the team and for ensuring that everyone within their team reaches their monthly and annual targets. The candidate will have a track record proven leadership abilities (communication, relationship building, training & development, hiring and firing), as well as direct sales experience to manage all aspects of the territory. The Incumbent must have the ability to train and evaluate sales consultant’s strengths while focusing on achieving office goals, articulate 1876 Energy’s value proposition, manage and track opportunities through the sales pipeline, and demonstrate highly accurate forecasting ability while mentoring existing sales consultants on improving pipeline forecasting and ultimately increase revenue in their territory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Being primarily a leadership position the core competence of a successful Sales Manager is their ability to manage, motivate, and mentor a team of sales consultants to move opportunities through the entire sales process and close sales.
- Ensure that sales consultants are working effectively to maximize lead conversion and lead closure rates in their assigned territories, as well as managing to meet or exceed individual quotas.
- Ensure the highest level of attention is being paid to lead conversion rates. Using reports and regular meetings to manage and track the process of converting leads from prospects to signed contracts.
- Work with consultants, CEO and other Sales Managers to manage and analyze both individual sales Pipelines and district Pipelines from beginning to end of sales
- Ensure that all team members maintain professionalism and proper etiquette through all forms of communication.
- Prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment
- Assist the Residential Solar Consultants in closing business at customer sites when needed.
- Ability to handle all escalated pertinent customer concerns/issues with all necessary internal departments and stakeholders. These departments include Operations, Engineering, and Finance. Always to work as a team with internal departments.
- Provide accurate information both upwards to the CEO and other Sales Managers and downwards to Solar Sales Consultants.
- Personal performance will be evaluated on a monthly basis to ensure goals are being met by manager and energy consultants.
- Co-create measurable and achievable monthly objectives to address new business development, sales targets, managing existing business, and when necessary corporate objectives with the CEO
- Ownership of district customer relations issues, both in a proactive and reactive capacity.
- Maintain thorough and current knowledge of solar electric market conditions, rebate and tax incentives, and electric utility rate schedules
- Minimum 2 years of management-level sales experience with a strong working knowledge of the Residential Solar Market and sales “best practices”.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high attention to detail and accuracy in forecasting monthly, quarterly and annual sales for their market.
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and humility and have a desire to build world-class sales and support organization.
- Has managed outside sales personnel.
- Has been a sales manager in the solar photovoltaic integrator industry.
- Has developed and executed tactical sales plans.
- Has a proven ability to transfer sales skills and knowledge to sales professionals under their direct management.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower sales employees to achieve objectives with a strong “team” focus and approach.
We offer an attractive compensation & profit sharing designed to reward you for your hard work and performance. Our benefits include top commissions and monthly bonuses and participation in the market’s profits